KCPT at the Ethnic Enrichment Festival
3999 E Meyer Blvd
Kansas City, MO 64132
Feel the world beat in the heart of America through music, dance and cuisine at the 38th Annual Ethnic Enrichment Festival.
Friday: 6-10 p.m.
Saturday: Noon-10 p.m.
Sunday: Noon-6 p.m.
Join KCPT and 909 The Bridge at booth #52, where we will be handing out eclipse glasses.*
Our glasses meet the ISO 12312-2:2015 standard for safe eclipse viewing. Due to a backlog with certification labs, the glasses were not able to be printed with the ISO compliancy statement at the time of manufacture in April 2017. The manufacturer’s test sample passed compliancy with ICS Inc. Laboratories on August 17, 2017. We feel confident in the glasses we’re distributing, but caution users to comply with the best practices for safe use:
- Always inspect your solar filter before use; if scratched or damaged, discard it.
- Always supervise children using solar filters.
- Stand still and cover your eyes with your eclipse glasses or solar viewer before looking up at the bright sun.
- After looking at the sun, turn away and remove your filter — do not remove it while looking at the sun.
- More information: https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/safety
Click here to read the lab report of the test sample.